After an accident, the repair process can be intimidating. Let us put your mind at ease and walk you through the process.
- The first thing to do is to decide whether to put a claim through to an insurance company. If so, you should have a claim opened up with them.
- Bring the vehicle to our shop for an estimate. This can be before or after an insurance adjuster has come to look at your vehicle.
- Once the insurance company has accepted liability (agreed to pay for repairs), we would schedule your appointment for repairs. If you need a rental car while the repairs are being completed, the insurance company will reserve a vehicle for you either with the local Hertz or Enterprise (both in Shallotte).
- Before your appointment, Ocean Isle Collision orders all the parts needed for your repairs, and ensures that everything is ready for your repairs.
- On the day of your repair, you drop off your vehicle and if a rental car is reserved they meet you at the shop. We then begin disassembling your vehicle. If any additional damage (other than what was noted in the original estimate) is found, you and the insurance company are notified and a supplement with pictures is created to document the additional repairs.
- Repairs are then completed and inspected. We contact you to notify that your car is ready. If you have a rental car you would drop that off at the rental company and they will bring you to the shop to pick up your vehicle.
- Payment is due at the time of pickup.